What is this Blog?

This Blog is the online home for members of the WAKA Kickball leagues in Tampa, Florida. Players can come here to view the latest information on the division, make comments and talk trash to their competitors.


Thursday, March 27, 2008

Doc Strikes Out

Last week was a slow week in the blog entry department as I was pretty busy. I was planning on doing 2 game recaps last week but lost the piece of paper that I wrote down the details of the second game.

Luckily, Doc, from C U Next Tuesday reminded me of one of the highlights.

Late in the game, with the score tied, Doc was up at the plate and was C U Next Tuesday's best chance at taking the lead before going into extra innings. Doc was carefully selecting his pitches and allowed 2 strikes to cross the plate. On the last pitch of his atbat he geared up on a ball pitched right down the middle and missed the ball completely for strike 3.

It was the first time that anyone had ever struck out swinging in either division in Tampa, and quite possibly the world. I am sure it was a proud moment for Doc and I thank him for reminding me as I am sure that he wants to share his accomplishment with the rest of the division. Be sure to congratulate Doc the next time you are on the kickball field.

No comments: