What is this Blog?

This Blog is the online home for members of the WAKA Kickball leagues in Tampa, Florida. Players can come here to view the latest information on the division, make comments and talk trash to their competitors.


Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ref Fund

As you all know, your captains discussed at the captains meeting that we should have hired referees for the playoff tournament and agreed that if each team chips in we can pay refs from the Bayshore division to ref our games. So far I have recieved payment from McLovin, DrunkAgainAndLookingToScore, WhereMyPitchesAt and Relocators. I am still awaiting payment from CU Next Tuesday, Seminoles, Don't Touch My Balls and Team Turtlehead but I am under the impression that that money is being collected but just hasn't reached me yet.

I have 4 players from the Bayshore division with great knowledge of the WAKA rules all lined up and ready to ref for the playoffs. Each of those people has been playing in the Bayshore division for at least 5 seasons if not more. One actually signed up for the WAKA Certified Referee program and will be reffing in Vegas for the Founders Cup in September so I expect some good officiating during the games.

The early round games will have 2 refs each with the final game having 4 refs.

No comments: