What is this Blog?

This Blog is the online home for members of the WAKA Kickball leagues in Tampa, Florida. Players can come here to view the latest information on the division, make comments and talk trash to their competitors.


Friday, August 29, 2008

Jamestown Shows Dominance and Modesty

**This article was submitted by Brad of Jamestown**

Tampa, FL - The Ballers came into their second game with much confidence after embarrasing Dale and his Seminoles 6-2 in Week 1. However, Week 3 Breaker League MVP goes to yellow team Jamestown pitcher Erik Tate. Coming back from an embarrasing 10-2 ball crushing blow from Dont Touch My Balls in Week 1 - team Jamestown was able to chalk up their first W against the Ballers with a final score of 6-1. Mike Usry (Jamestown), suffering from a nagging knee injury was still able to add to his unbelievable chug-off career record to 29 straight! That’s right - he is now officially 29-0 through 2 full seasons and four games this season -Tuesday and Thursday. You all can witness Mike's magic on Thursday nights as well. Will he continue his undefeated streak? Mike wants some competition, so he asks to bring it! Erik managed to make all 3 outs for Jamestown to close out the top of the first. After making some acrobatic catches, Erik didn't stop his domination as he lead his team off in the bottom of the first and kicked the shit out of the ball to score his first career WAKA homerun to go up 1-0.

The Ballers scored early in the second inning tying the game at 1-1. The Ballers defense was solid, but their only mistake was kicking the ball back to Erik everytime, as he snagged each ball totalling 9 individual outs for the game. Rookie sensation, Tara Anderson will be one to look for this season for team Jamestown. She managed to easily sprint to every ball kicked into left, center and right fields as she knocked all of the guys out of her way. In the bottom of the 4th with no outs and runners on first and second, Erik kicked a triple and then later scored after an RBI single from James AKA "Jamestown." The lead was too much as the Ballers went 3 and out in the 5th making this one of the quickest games in Breaker history.

Erik Tate spoke to our reporters after the game. "Yeah, basically I was pretty dominant out there tonight as you can plainly see. I'm pretty much the best kickballer to have ever lived. I'm the Michael Phelps of kickball, in fact Michael Phelps has nothing on me. That's why I got the team to switch colors in the off season to yellow. It's to represent the gold medal I could have lead my team to if kickball were an Olympic sport. We lost in week one but I was just trying to see what my team could do that week. That loss falls squarely on them. I brought my B game this week and you saw how dominant I can be. You haven't even seen my A game yet."

Some comments from fans:

"Erik Tate is clearly the greatest kickballer ever." - Bill Loney

"I really wished we could have signed Erik in the offseason." - Dewey Needham

"Man, that Erik guy kinda sounds like a jerk." - Dale from the Seminoles

1 comment:

TyrusG said...

Ok so I might have done a little editing. The article originally said that Erik had no comment after the game but that's just way too boring. So I did what I usually do and made something up completely.