What is this Blog?

This Blog is the online home for members of the WAKA Kickball leagues in Tampa, Florida. Players can come here to view the latest information on the division, make comments and talk trash to their competitors.


Friday, September 19, 2008

Week 7 Preview

It's hard to imagine that we are already this far into the season. Of course if you played in some other league this would be the last week of the season but that's not how we roll with WAKA here in Tampa. This week offers some interesting matchups.

Smack My Pitch Up vs Jamestown: This game is a matchup of the team Ty is currently on vs the team Ty was on last season. Jamestown has really struggled this season but were victorious in the Battle of the Basement Dwellers last week. Meanwhile, Smack My Pitch Up has been on a bit of a decline in the last 2 weeks after losing a close one to don't Touch My Balls and getting schelacked against the Seminoles. Don't expect anyone to wear a football helmet this week.
Prediction: Smack My Pitch Up 4 / Jamestown 2

Don't Touch My Balls vs Shinkickers: Last week I said that Don't Touch My Balls couldn't crush opponents like they used to. Then they came out and crushed I'd Hit it 10-4. Look for the Shinkickers to struggle in this one.
Prediction: Don't Touch My Balls 5378 / ShinKickers 2.

Seminoles vs I'd Hit It: The Seminoles have quite a few votes in the poll of who's the favorite to win the Crystal Pitcher this season. They might have a hard time convincing anyone who is not on their team of that, especially when this week they have to go through the underdog favorite for the coveted award. Expect the Seminoles to be modest and well behaved as always.
Prediction: I'd Hit It 5 / Seminoles 4.

Ballers vs Great Balls of Fire: This could be the most interesting game of the week as both teams are pretty evenly matched in their kickball ability. The biggest problem for the Ballers this season has been their dismal showing at the bar.
Prediction: Great Balls of Fire 11 people at the bar / Ballers 0 people at the bar.

Quit Yer Pitchin vs Drunk Again and Scoring: Despite the name change in the off season from Drunk Again and LOOKING to Score to Drunk Again and Scoring, it really hasn't helped the team in orange on offense as they still seem to me looking to score more often than not. This game is a battle between the two worst offenses in the division but with Quit Yer Pitchin having the advantage on defense. This could be the first game ever with negative runs scored. I am not quite sure how that would happen but I just think it might between these two teams. Regardless of the score, look for Wes and Mike to Rock the Mic at MacDinton's after the game.
Prediction: Quit Yer Pitching -2 / Drunk Again and NOT Scoring -7.

No comments: