What is this Blog?

This Blog is the online home for members of the WAKA Kickball leagues in Tampa, Florida. Players can come here to view the latest information on the division, make comments and talk trash to their competitors.


Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Week 8 Predictions

So did you guys miss me? Did you even know I was gone? Well I was. I was in Boston all weekend. In fact I still am as I begin to type this. I am at the airport waiting to get on my plane to fly back to Tampa. I hope you were all able to cope without me for a few days. I've heard that many of you guys don't like free beer. I must say that I am pretty disappointed in you all for that. So lets get on to my predictions.

Suck My Kick vs Bull Gators on field A
Bull Gators are really starting to take off. After a not so spectacular start to the season they have won their last 4 games in a row. Meanwhile Suck My Kick is one of the better teams in the division. This game may be the toughest one to pick this week as either team could easily walk away with it but Suck My Kick's defense is just a little bit better. Prediction Suck My Kick 2 Bull Gators 1.

Seminoles vs Quit Yer Pitchin on field B
With these two strong teams this may be the most anticipated game this week, much like the new movie Where The Wild Things Are. Expect the game to be much like the movie. Long, drawn out, runs about half an hour longer than it should, you can't figure out why everyone on the field is so unhappy and in the end you feel like part of your childhood has been ripped away and you will never get it back. Prediction: Seminoles 4 Quit Yer Pitchin 1

Ball Kickers vs We've Got The Runs on field C
If there is one thing I know, its that this game is not expected to be a barn burner. Both teams have struggled to put a whole lot of runs up on the board. Of course then again, neither team has played outstanding offense either so maybe there will be a lot of scoring. The crystal ball is pretty cloudy on this one but expect to see some fun times. Prediction: We've Got the Runs 2 Ball Kickers 0

I Already Hit That vs Anything But Blue Balls on field D
Anything But Blue Balls has strongly solidified themselves as the most inconsistent team ever. Last week they solidly defeated Vicious and Delicious (one of the better teams in the division) but in week 4 they lost to Your Mom Makes a Dry Roast 7-1. there is no rhyme or reason to their inconsistent ways. I guess it's all just about how they feel on any given day and how motivated they are. Last week they felt pretty good so this week I'm going to have to go out on a limb and say they will be satisfied from last week and not really care too much about this week. Prediction: I Already Hit That 6 Anything But Blue Balls 2

New Kicks On The Block vs Tech USA - Where My Pitches At on field A
According to the poll from last week, a lot of guys in the division think that Rachel on NKOTB is pretty hot. That could work in the black teams favor this week. Expect Mike to strategically place Rachel at shortstop in a tactical move that obviously places her almost halfway between 2 bases. The thought process is that as guys on Tech USA are running the bases, they will stop halfway between 2nd and 3rd to try to get Rachel's number. Such a distraction will allow Mike and Wes to hit the guys as hard as they can with the ball to get them out. The Evil Empire will stop at nothing to gain the upper hand. They better hope that l) There are lots of single guys on Tech USA and 2)They don't hit too many of those distracted baserunners in the head (which they probably will). Prediction: Tech USA - Where My Pitches At 4 New Kicks On The Block 2

Don't Touch Our Balls vs The Balled and The Beautiful on field B
Remember earlier in the season when The Balled and the Beautiful used to lose to like everybody. They have turned it around a bit but unfortunately for them, this week they have to face off against Don't Touch Our Balls who are still fuming from their loss last week. Breaker division's original uber team will be looking to take no prisoners this week and fully intend on turning The Balled and the Beautiful into their own personal pinata. Prediction: Don't Touch Our Balls 6 The Balled and The Beautiful 1

Vicious and Delicious vs Kick In A Box on field C
Many of the usually jovial and funloving Vicious and Delicious players were put on suicide watches last week after their loss to ABBB. Therapists were stations on the skyway on bullhorns reminding the pistachio team that this week they play Kick In A Box (who has only won one game and that was against Raging Balls, like that counts). Vicious and Delicious should be taking the field with smiles on their faces this week, but it might be short lives. I am actually going to call an upset in this one. Prediction: Kick In A Box 2 Vicious and Delicious 0

Your Mom Makes a Dry Roast vs Raging Balls on field D
As I already mentioned, I was in Boston this whole weekend and as most of you know, I'm originally from there (if you didn't know that we obviously haven't actually met) so I was really happy to get the chance to watch my Patriots play with other Pats fans. I was really enjoying the game until I realized that the Tennessee Titans reminded me a lot of my kickball team, Raging Balls. They haven't won a game yet this season and the defense's greatest skill is to watch the other team put points up on the board. Basically, Raging Balls is hoping that Your Mom Makes a Dry Roast will forfeit this week but if they don't Raging Balls will do anything it can to put themselves in a position to win their first game of the season and then end up losing in the end. They are the lovable losers of the division. Raging Balls for Crystal Pitcher! Prediction: Your Mom Makes A Dry Roast 18,473 Raging Balls 1 (and number 1 in your hearts)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cool! I'm from RI and was also up north this weekend. I was at the snowy game at gillette! front row 15 yard line! it was amazing!!!