What is this Blog?

This Blog is the online home for members of the WAKA Kickball leagues in Tampa, Florida. Players can come here to view the latest information on the division, make comments and talk trash to their competitors.


Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Week 9(ish) Player Profile - "I'm kind of a big deal"


You might’ve thought, “Hey, this week’s games were rained out, certainly there won’t be a Player Profile.” Think again, kids. I’m riding a high from waking up on a Wednesday morning without another “L” for the Raging Balls. Sure, we didn’t get a win, either, but any day we don’t get our hats handed to us is a good day. So let’s meet this week’s subject…

Here’s Natalie. Natalie plays for Kick in a Box (the purple team). Natalie may not look familiar – especially if you play on her team. Despite being the team captain, she’s attended “maybe two games” all season.

(This bit of information was supplied by Chad, Natalie’s teammate, who apparently serves as the secretary for the team, providing stats and sundry other information to Natalie.)

It’s not that Natalie enjoys shirking her duties – this is her fourth season playing WAKA and she's served as captain every time. Her job, though, keeps her busy with travel. She’s a project manager and “is a pretty big deal.” People apparently know Natalie. But I’m guessing some Kick in a Boxers would have a hard time picking her out of a line-up.

Natalie is originally from Baton Rouge and graduated from LSU, but let’s not hold that against her. She’s been here three years, enjoys bouncing on Ty's lap at kickball parties (funny - me too!) and loves the debauchery associated with kickball. Her most cherished memory of kickball was being carried out of MacDinton’s once, though she doesn’t really remember much about it. I’m guessing it wasn’t in some sort of “We Are the Champions” manner, as KIAB is 2 and 6 on the season.

If you’ve read this far, it’s probably only due to the fact that I haven’t provided the last piece of information you’re craving – Natalie’s dating status. I’ll let her tell you herself:

“I’m single. And ready to mingle.”

I’d wish you boys good luck, but with Natalie’s track record of attendance, you probably won’t see her again till halfway through the spring season.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd hit that so hard... if you were to pull me out you'd be crowned King of England.

Love,
The Bayshore Division

Anonymous said...

I too would thrust my sword in her stone.

Regards,

King Arthur, Bayshore Division