What is this Blog?

This Blog is the online home for members of the WAKA Kickball leagues in Tampa, Florida. Players can come here to view the latest information on the division, make comments and talk trash to their competitors.


Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mailbag

It seems like a lot of news publications like to do mailbag segments every once in a while. Its almost as if they like to pretend that they actually give a crap what their readers think. Well we decided that we would pretend the same thing since we are asked questions all of the time. So here you go, our first edition of our mail bag segment.

g8erlover69: Why are the Seminoles so awful?

The Seminoles aren't that awful. The Seminoles have a bit of a bad rep though because they are competitive and tend to bring out some bad blood with other teams. Most of their players are actually pretty good people who you can joke around with but most people don't realize that since they almost never go to the bar.

chiefosceola24: The Seminoles are the best team ever!

Thanks, Chief, but I don't think that is a question. Keep working on that. Historically speaking they are one of the toughest teams to beat that our league has ever seen but best team ever might be a stretch. They probably take second fiddle to the old Don't Touch Our Balls team that dominated pretty much every season until they got bored with beating everyone. If you were scheduled to play them, your best bet to win was hoping that they all decided to forfeit and go to a Rays game instead (which they were good for once or twice each season).

blogfan12: I love the blog but how do you remember what to put on there? Last week on your birthday you didn't seem to be in any condition to remember much of anything.

Yes, indeed, it was a good time on my birthday and I thank anyone who bought me drinks. I actually am awful at remembering details on things so I try to take a few shorthand notes on my phone here or there so I can remind myself for blogging later. It also helps that I'm not really a journalist so I'm not really concerned about journalistic integrity. As Suck My Kick can already attest, details aren't as important as making the story sound interesting. I have also definitely been known to just make stuff up for the hell of it too.

Well, that's enough for this week. We will have some more for you next week.

No comments: