What is this Blog?

This Blog is the online home for members of the WAKA Kickball leagues in Tampa, Florida. Players can come here to view the latest information on the division, make comments and talk trash to their competitors.


Monday, March 19, 2012

Player Profile - Katie

Name: Katie
League: FL Bayshore
Team: Gettin’ Kicky With It
Jersey Color: Dark Green
Age: 21
Seasons Played in WAKA: 1st Season
Relationship status: Single
Cleats or Sneakers? Cleats, I want to limit slipping and busting my ass in public as much as possible.

Favorite thing to do when not playing kickball? I usually end up at MacDits, or somewhere on Soho, in my free time. Basically just spending time with my friends and having a good time. I keep telling myself I’ll start to work out more, so I’ll add running so I don’t sound like a total bum.

Favorite Kickball moment? I’m going to predict the future here and say it will happen during Play Offs

What made you first sign up for WAKA kickball? My friends were starting a new team and I thought it was a great way to spend time with them and meet new people. Also, to have a reason to end up at Macdits every Thursday night.

If you could have one celebrity on your kickball team, who would it be? It’s a tough call between Ryan Reynolds and Ryan Gosling. I’d pick who ever was willing to play shirtless.

If you could have one pro athlete on your kickball team, who would it be? David Beckham. 1) He’d get us homeruns every time and 2) Have you seen his H&;M ads??

What do your co-workers think when you say that you play WAKA kickball? When they found out MacDintons was our bar, they understood… and expect me to be looking rough Friday mornings.

Any other interesting things that you would like to say about your involvement in WAKA kickball? I am really glad I joined. I like everyone I’ve met so far, and it’s a nice break towards the end of the week to just have fun.

No comments: