What is this Blog?

This Blog is the online home for members of the WAKA Kickball leagues in Tampa, Florida. Players can come here to view the latest information on the division, make comments and talk trash to their competitors.


Thursday, March 29, 2012

Player Profile - Marla

Name: Marla
League: FL Bayshore
Team: Pick Me Up
Jersey Color: Kelly Green
Age: Not so sure you should ask a lady. ;)
Seasons Played in WAKA: Since the 2nd season of Bayshore, maybe 8 years?
Relationship status: Engaged!
Cleats or Sneakers? Definitely Cleats! After slipping and sliding for a couple seasons (including splits to stay on the base), it was time to invest in some cleats.

 Favorite thing to do when not playing kickball? Going to concerts & sporting events (Go Bucs, Rays,  & Lightning!). Hanging out with friends at outdoor bars and restaurants.

Favorite Kickball moment? Favorite is hard to say, but most memorable - Oh boy. That would be sliding into 2nd head first into another player's shin and breaking my nose. Yes, I actually broke my nose. Not my favorite, but something I will never forget! My favorite would have to be back in the beginning playing at Al Lopez field around the trees, planning the parties & making connections, meeting some really awesome people, and winning the season or tournament.

What made you first sign up for WAKA kickball? 2 girlfriends and I joined to meet more friends. Plus what a better reason than kickball to go out on a work night. I have to say we did meet lots of great people, including their 2 husbands and my fiance.

If you could have one celebrity on your kickball team, who would it be? Hmmm.. Chris Pine, Chelsea Handler, or Mark Wahlberg.

If you could have one pro athlete on your kickball team, who would it be? David Beckham, hands down!

What do your co-workers think when you say that you play WAKA kickball? 1-They always ask if they can play. 2-If I look tired, they know why. 3-They ask if I can bring any leftover jello or pudding shots to work, which I have!

Any other interesting things that you would like to say about your involvement in WAKA kickball? There's so much to say. It's the only place you can run around like a competitive 5th grader while drinking (like a 21 year old) and having fun with friends and strangers. Then followed by a fun bar atmosphere. It's a great place to meet friends and those that may be more. I would do it again in heartbeat! Glad my girls and I had the guts to join back then. Not to mention all the money we've raised over the years for great charities and had so much fun doing so.

No comments: