What is this Blog?

This Blog is the online home for members of the WAKA Kickball leagues in Tampa, Florida. Players can come here to view the latest information on the division, make comments and talk trash to their competitors.


Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Great Balls of Fire Ignite on Offense

Tampa, Fl - After struggling for most of the young season to put any runs up on the board, Great Balls of Fire were able to more than double their offensive output for the season last night as they defeated Jamestown 5-2. In the young team's first 4 games they were only able to score a total of 4 runs. That scoring drought was ended quickly when Great Balls of Fire matched their previous offensive output in just the first inning by posting a 4-spot. That was more than enough to conquer the struggling Jamestown but added some insurance later in the game.

We asked team captain, Shelley, to talk about her team's secret to success this week. "Well I was talking to my good friend Jacques the other day and he told me that the secret to winning is compression shorts. He said that if the boys are nice and snug and secure it can only help on-field performance. After hearing that I decided to institute a 'No Commando' policy for this week. At first, some of the guys were really upset by the new policy but in the end, everyone did what was best for the team. It clearly helped in our victory. Thank you for the advice Mr. Strapp!"

Visible in the stands was number one Great Balls of Fire fan Pete Schweddy of Schweddy Balls and Schweddy Weiner fame. "I really love to come out and see my 'Balls'. They really exploded today and sqeezed out as much as they could. They had had some problems with disfuntion earlier in the season but now I'm glad to see their performance improve. Their victory today gave new meaning to Great Balls of Fire."

2 comments:

TyrusG said...

For more on Pete Schweddy go to http://snltranscripts.jt.org/98/98idish.phtml or http://snltranscripts.jt.org/00/00pdish.phtml

Pedro Pelican said...

Well done, sir. I must say that I like the cut of your jib and I doff my hat to you.